Sunday, August 19, 2012

NYC Sidewalkers

Hey lovely readers! Hopefully you all had a fantastic weekend. I sat down in the living room this morning with every intention of painting my nails leisurely. Because I am a nail art newbie, it takes me a while to do my nails. I didn't think that would be a problem because it is Sunday and I had no plans. So I gathered my supplies and headed to the living room. As soon as I paint on my base color, my mother informs me that we are leaving to a party in a couple of hours. Yikes! I decided to go ahead with my manicure, and as a result, the final product is not even close to how I wanted it. Oh well, here it is anyway:



I started with my usual base coat-Essie fill the gap! I then added my base color which was Santee Plus in Baby Pink. It is a very soft and lovely pink. It was a bit on the thick side, but nothing that my thinner couldn't take care of. I then placed striping tape, trying to space them evenly (trying being the key word there lol). I then painted NYC Sidewalkers over the pink.Then, as accent nails, I tried (lol) to freehand some hearts using Sinful Colors Snow me White. Finally, I topped the whole thing off with a thick layer of Seche Vite. 

As you can see, it is far from perfect but I still loved it! I am consoling myself by thinking that if I had had more time, this would have probably turned out better lol. 

As always, I hope you enjoyed it and thanks for reading! 


14 comments:

  1. I love it, it's so young, cute and fun to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I've always loved pink and gray together :)

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you! I think there's something very girly about it :)

      Delete
  3. This one is really cute and you did a great job!
    following you x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too sweet! Thank you :)

      And I am heading over to your blog NOW :)

      Delete
  4. Love the details of the hearts, it really pulls the mani together :)


    I've nominated you for a Liebster Award over at my blog, do check it out :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! That is exactly why I added the hearts, I felt like something was missing :)

      Thanks for the nomination :)

      Delete
  5. So awesome :D I am really loving your nails!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I was pleasantly surprised with how these turned out :)

      Delete
  6. OMG, so pretty!!!

    I was wondering if you'd be willing to do a guest post for my blog.

    I'm due with my first baby November 20th, but it's looking like I'm going to deliver early! I'm looking to get as many guest posts as I can because I know things will be hectic.

    Ideally, I'd like all posts done by November 10th.
    Would you be interested?


    Thanks!!! Jessica

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jessica! I really loved how these turned out.

      OMG, congrats on the baby! Send me an email at simplejoyofpolish@yahoo.com so we can work out the details :)

      Delete